Applications are invited from talented and experienced computational chemists to establish and lead Domainex’s computational chemistry department.
The candidate will be a leader in the computational field providing strategic direction to drug discovery projects. The remit of the role will be to expand the computational group, however, in the short term the role will require a degree of ‘hands-on’ relevant experience. Previous experience of management of teams is desirable.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams and provide insight into the future drug discovery project direction and work closely with medicinal chemists and biologist to solve key project challenges.
- Working with several clients to agree and implement project strategy, with responsibility for the day-to-day reporting and communication of project progress to the clients.
- Manage the relationship with existing computational consultants and ensure project delivery.
- Build a computational chemistry team for the future, ensuring scientific excellence by mentoring and line-managing computational scientists with varying experience levels.
- Ensure delivery of client projects and provision of expert computational chemistry support to the medicinal chemistry team (currently 40 chemists)
- Work closely with protein and structural biology groups to assist with protein structure determination.
- Liaise with the biology team to assess druggability of protein targets to facilitate target selection.
- Develop innovative solutions and workflows for the computational and medicinal chemistry teams.
- Implementation of machine learning and AI workflows into the computational and drug design process.
- Support the business development team by providing technical input and securing new business for Domainex.
- Play an active role as a member of the chemistry leadership team, using your knowledge to contribute to growing the department and influencing R&D and company strategy.
You will hold a PhD or a BSc/MSc degree in computational chemistry or natural sciences, supported by a proven track record and delivery of projects to assist in the drug discovery projects across hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimisation projects in large pharma, biotech or CRO sectors. You will have an extensive knowledge of computational chemistry. A thorough understanding of drug discovery and biology concepts would be advantageous in order to make key decisions for multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams. The role will involve significant interaction with external customers and the successful candidate will have excellent communication and inter-personal skills along with the ability to clearly summarise and present scientific results and ideas.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference HCC0322 to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 30th April 2022, Please Note: This job post will be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.