Domainex has one position available for an experienced computational chemist during an exciting time as a we embark upon significant enhancement of our CADD capabilities. The ideal candidate will be qualified to PhD level or a B.Sc/M.Sc. degree in a life science and be highly-skilled in small-molecule and protein modelling and chemoinformatics approaches applicable to drug discovery. Experience in an industrial drug-discovery setting is strongly preferred. Applicants should have hands on experience of applying a wide range of computational tools and techniques, including structure based and ligand-based design and virtual screening. This role will operate a cross-discipline matrix environment and a knowledge of drug discovery processes and appreciation of key concepts from collaborating disciplines such as medicinal chemistry and biophysics is essential.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Application of problem-solving ability through a combination of personal knowledge of computational techniques with the desire to seek-out and apply novel and innovative solutions from the wider literature to help progress customer projects
- Run virtual screening (both structure and ligand-based) and select compounds for purchase
- Support on-going hit discovery and lead-optimisation projects
- Influence and aid the further development of our computational chemistry and capabilities
- Work alongside the business development team to identify and secure new opportunities and contribute to the preparation of scientific proposals
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting Reference: CC0221 to email@example.com
Closing Date: 31/01/2022, Please Note: This job post will be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.