Domainex is a multi-award winning integrated drug discovery CRO that has been setting the highest standards in drug discovery, with a particular emphasis on small molecule research, since 2001. We work in partnership with clients from a variety of sectors including academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations around the world. Our vision is to be the pre-eminent partner for innovative drug discovery services that improve the quality of life for people living with disease.
We offer our clients tailored services for every step of the drug discovery process, from expression of recombinant proteins and screening against disease targets to identify hit compounds, through the design and medicinal chemistry optimisation of hits and leads, to take these all the way to pre-clinical drug candidates. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists works closely with our partners to generate innovative ideas, and to deliver high-quality results and outputs (e.g. crystallography-grade proteins and novel compounds that meet the desired target product profile), whilst at all times upholding the very highest standards of confidentiality. We have established a strong reputation with a very high level of repeat business and a proven record of success, some of which we can illustrate through the publications and case studies our clients have allowed us to put in the public domain. We have received several awards recognising our customer focus and innovative approach to drug discovery.
What Are We Looking For In This Exciting New Role?
When you join Domainex we will be looking for you to have the ability to –
- Utilize a platform of computational chemistry techniques to deliver programs of research for client sponsored projects
- Apply your knowledge of computational chemistry within a drug discovery setting to influence clients to pursue further value-creating research projects
- In conjunction with the Domainex leadership team proactively contribute and drive implementation of new computational chemistry tools and services
- Seek to publish articles/papers, posters and patents to contribute to upholding the strong scientific reputation of Domainex in the market place
- Line manage up to 1 scientist and set their research goals
- Support the business development team by providing technical input in securing new business
What Educational Background Are We Expecting?
- A PhD in Computational Chemistry
What Experience Will You Have?
- Hold > 5 years of experience as a computational chemist within a professional drug design environment or organization
- A sound knowledge of general computational chemistry techniques including open source packages
- Experience in the areas of SBDD and virtual screening highly preferred but not mandatory
- Proven experience of working with small molecules and knowledge of compound design principles
- A good understanding of the related drug discovery disciplines necessary to support drug discovery programs, such as chemistry and structural biology
- Versed in the use of pipelining tools, such as Knime, within a drug discovery setting
- Experience with Linux and high-performance computing
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and pro-active for addressing new challenges and providing solutions
- Evidence of a high level of soft skills and the fostering of cross discipline relationships
- Working within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Track record of training and mentoring more junior computational chemists preferred but not mandatory.
What Can We Offer You?
Your highly competitive salary will be determined by your qualifications and your experience along with our excellent benefits package of a 5% pension contribution from yourself with a 10% contribution by Domainex; a private medical insurance scheme for you with discounted benefits for your family; annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday; loyal service awards and other great benefits such as discounted gym membership and a lift share scheme.
We are based on the Chesterford Research Park just outside of the beautiful market town of Saffron Walden, fifteen miles from the beautiful city of Cambridge. Chesterford Research Park has fabulous facilities including a restaurant, a gym, a six hole golf course and woodland walks.
We welcome all applications into our already diverse and inclusive workplace where we do all we can to assist each and every member of our fantastic team to reach their full potential in their chosen field. Feel free to apply for this role today or drop us a line to have a chat as there may be other options for you to explore within our growing organisation. Contact Andrew Ratcliffe Andrew.Ratcliffe@domainex.co.uk to apply or for more information.