To support the QSAR and Chemoinformatics community, we post relevant jobs on this web page. If you would like to advertise please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Computational Chemist: Domainex, Cambridge, UK
Are you looking for the chance to use your scientific knowledge, to work alongside experienced researchers, and contribute to the discovery of new treatments for patients? Domainex currently has an opportunity for a talented computational chemist to join its research team. We are a well-established and expanding contract research organisation (CRO) providing fully integrated drug discovery services to the scientific community. Our multi-disciplinary team works in a highly collaborative manner with our clients – bringing together talent, creativity and expertise to convert ideas and discoveries into new healthcare solutions. Each client project brings new scientific challenges and our scientists must be versatile, and responsive to the evolving needs as each project progresses. Using our comprehensive suite of software tools our CADD team deliver tailored solutions to the problems posed by our portfolio of client projects.
Experienced computational chemist
Domainex has one position available for an experienced computational chemist. This is an exciting opportunity with the remit to influence and further develop our computational chemistry team and capabilities. As an experienced computational chemist, you will be involved in multiple projects drawn from a range of therapeutic areas and at different stages from initial hit identification to lead optimisation. You will also play a leading role in the ongoing development of platform technologies within the company, such as our fragment-based screening capability. Excellent organisation and planning skills are essential, to enable working across multiple projects. You will be responsible for working with the client to agree a project strategy. Communication of results to clients and internal project teams will be required, and a successful candidate will also have the opportunity to take part in business development activities. You will have the opportunity to line-manage a further computational chemist. As a fast-growing technology company, Domainex offers a stimulating environment in which to work. Staffed with scientists with varying disciplines in a non-hierarchical, matrix structure within a single location, staff are encouraged to be innovators, work collaboratively and above all to serve the needs of the customers.
Successful candidates will have:
• A Ph.D. in computational chemistry, or a B.Sc/M.Sc. degree in a life science; and in-depth experience of small-molecule and protein modelling.
• Structure-based and ligand-based drug design experience of greater than 5 years, with a proven track record in project delivery.
• Experience applying a wide range of computational tools and techniques including virtual screening, structure-activity relationships, and chemoinformatics.
• Knowledge of drug discovery processes; appreciation of key concepts from collaborating disciplines such as medicinal chemistry and biophysics.
• Problem-solving ability from combining personal knowledge of computational techniques with the a desire to seek-out and apply novel and innovative solutions from the wider literature.
• Proactive attitude, and strives to deliver high-quality results
• Excellent inter-personal skills and proven ability to work in a team; good communication skills, able to summarise and present scientific results and ideas to colleagues and external clients/collaborators.
• Able to provide leadership to a team of talented scientists and work well within multi-disciplinary projects.
• A business-mindset in order to identify new opportunities and contribute to proposal writing.
If you would like to apply for this permanent position, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting Reference ECC0620 to email@example.com. Domainex is an award-winning company located in Cambridge, one of the UK’s leading hubs for bioscientific research and innovation and offers a stimulating and rewarding research environment.
To find out more, please visit https://www.domainex.co.uk/about-us/recruitment#24.
For all posts, we are legally obliged to confirm that the appointee is eligible to work in the UK before they start working for us. When applying for jobs it is important that you are aware of your eligibility status as government restrictions apply to the employment of migrant workers. If invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK on your arrival.
Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within one month of submitting your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Posted 22nd June 2020