The UK-QSAR group and the Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society (MGMS) are working together to organise a joint meeting in Spring 2018 at the University of Cardiff. The theme of the meeting will be “Structure-Activity Relationships”, a broad area that appeals to members of both organisations. The meeting will be a two-day event; talks will commence mid-morning on the first day and finish at the end of the afternoon on the second day. Registration will be free of charge, as is normal at UK-QSAR meetings, but there will be a conference dinner on the evening of the first day which will be charged for and is therefore optional to attend.
The programme for the conference is now taking shape. Sessions are planned on “SAR Exploration and Prediction”, “Structure-Activity Relationships in the Solid State”, “Machine Learning and Other New Modelling Techniques” and “Water’s Role in Defining and Disrupting SAR”. Confirmed speakers so far include;
- Ulf Norinder (Swetox, Sodertalje, Sweden)
- Nora Aptula (Unilever, UK)
- Bob Clark (Simulations Plus, USA)
- Chris de Graaf (VU Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Sebastien Guesné (LHASA, UK)
- Andreas Bender (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Jonathan Essex (University of Southampton, UK)
- Robert Docherty (Pfizer, UK)
- Pedro Ballester (Centre de Recherches en Cancérologie de Marseille, France)
Keep a close eye on this page for further information on the agenda, as it develops.
So, please put Wednesday and Thursday, 11th and 12th April 2018 into your diaries – and mark the venue as the University of Cardiff, in the capital of Wales, a city which has enjoyed a great renaissance in recent years.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in Cardiff! / Rydym yn edrych ymlaen at eich cyfarfod yng Caerdydd!